Saturday, April 25, 2015

V is for View from Below - Eiffel Tower, France

For the most number of postcards received for a single famous landmark, Eiffel Tower would be on top in my collection. So far there are two shared here in my blog from the titles: We'll Always Have Paris, and Paris and Its Wonders.

Direct Swap, Sender: Ulla
Sent: 26 Nov 2012 from Marly, France
Traveled ~10,900 km

For letter "V" of the A-Z April Challenge I am participating with for this month, let me treat you all for a view from below of this magnificent architectural wonder.

To be honest the stems of those trees are kind of creeping me out! It doesn't change the fact though that it offers a rare view of the tower. Do those stems creep you out, too? Do you think the postcard would have been nicer if these stems aren't there?

~maria

12 comments:

  1. Outstanding photo of the title. I don't mind the branches but they are a bit threatening. I have seen the Eiffel Tower several times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome looking postcard. One of my favourites so far.

    Sean at His and Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria - it's an interesting photo - but fun to have of the Eiffel Tower 'dressed up' like that ...

    I can send you a postcard from Cornwall ... so email me .. also where did you find those e-postcards is there a general site?

    Thanks my email's on my site .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen the Eiffel tower a lot of times , cannot remember seeing trees nearby . Not sure which side it is . I don't particularly like the trees in the photo but I love the Eiffel tower. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria, I agree completely ... the stems kind of give the card a Halloween look. Ha ha. It is neat, though, to see that view of the Tower. Very unusual. Nice choice for "V"

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trees work with that angle of the tower. Without the trees, I think, the tower would look cartoonish.
    Take 25 to Hollister
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like the tower is ready to go on a rampage and step on as many tourists as it can.

    Stephen Tremp
    A-Z Co-host
    V is for Vortex (of the paranormal nature)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love ANY view of the Eiffel Tower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I first saw the Eiffel Tower at night from the back of an army truck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the view from below is more imposting - each of the legs of steel so massive.
    A fine postcard for "V"
    Moondustwriter

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a postcard I like it, though a bit eerie, yes! I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower as big, but i've seen it from above, the opposite of your postcard. I feel like i've seen only a 2-meter statue, that is from the plane to Strasbourg.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: