Saturday, October 12, 2013

International Day of the Girl Child

Postcrossing Direct Swap, Sender: Jack-Liu
Sent: 4 Aug 2012 from Shaanxi, China
Received: 28 Aug 2012, Traveled ~1,847 km in 24 days

I am following Shiela at A Postcard A Day's theme on International Day of the Girl Child for this post. This international day of observance was declared by the United Nations last year and is celebrated on 11 October.

This girl child wearing a traditional costume was sent to me through a direct swap in Postcrossing.com. Jack-Liu wrote: ... in China, people won't wearing clothes like this although it's very gorgeous [sic]  

I have a very close friend who has a Chinese boyfriend. I wonder if she gets me as a bridesmaid on her wedding, I might be able to wear a gorgeous dress like this. ;-)


The postcard came with a nice stamp from the Overseas Chinese Culture set issued in 10 July 2011. It makes me smile that Jack-Liu picked a matching pink stamp for the pink skirt and ribbon on the dress of the girl child.

For more postcards, check Beth's Postcard Friendship Friday and for more pinks, hop on to Beverly's Pink Saturday.

    

~maria

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely gesture from a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful postcard! Thank you very much for stopping by to visit my blog.... and happy Pink Saturday to you in the Phillipines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, she is gorgeous - and what a beautiful dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful postcard! She is so sweet and lovely! ((hugs)) As are you, dear Maria.

    Thank you so much for joining us for Postcard Friendship Friday! You are just a bright ray of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely dress. I enjoy getting all dressed up, but then I'm always fearful of spilling something on it and ruining it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet image!

    Popped by from Pink Saturday.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: