Friday, October 19, 2012

Paris and its wonders.

Postcrossing Direct Swap, Sender: David Russell
Sent from Lyon, France, Sent on 20 March 2012
Received on 30 March 2012, Traveled 10,765.82 km in 10 days
After the glittering night view of the Eiffel Tower, here's a compelling day time view of the famous landmark. David said on his message at the back of the card:

This postcard shows a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower on a clear fall afternoon. Everybody who comes to Paris visits the world famous monument.  

I hope one day I can visit Paris and see this monument for myself. Cause, tell me honestly, who doesn't really dream of experiencing this romantic city? ;-)


Postcrossing Direct Swap, Sender: David Russell
Sent from Lyon, France, Sent on 19 March 2012
Received on 30 March 2012, Traveled 10,765.82 km in 11 days
Another 'Paris and its wonders' postcard. I completely knew nothing about the view on the card and I thought it's just one random street view. But David said:

Bonjour to you again from the other side of the world in France. Today I am sending you a beautiful springtime view from Paris...it shows the steps leading up the famous hill of 'Montmartre', which is topped by the Sacrecoeur basilica. 

Doing some research about the Basilique du Sacré Coeur, Uncle Wiki and the Sacred Destinations page provided the most interesting literature. Apparently, the church plays a significant political and cultural role. It is a religious monument, a national vow true to the Roman Catholic traditions, dedicated to atone for the sins of Paris. The church is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. And may I mention that the chapel in my community in the province, has the same dedication.

Linking up again with Beth's Postcard Friendship Friday. Wishing a wonderful culmination for the week for everyone!




~maria

4 comments:

  1. Loved your Paris postcards. It is a very romantic city! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend just got back from Paris - yes, I'm a tad bit jealous :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! Nice to see Paris in the sunshine...it's years since I've been...must go back! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time I was in Paris was in January for one day. It rained the whole day. Miserable.
    Would love to go back and see it properly.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: