Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Hearty Welcome!


I love heart design on doors. For me, the hearts are signs of a hearty welcome by the owner of the place. I like this card because it allows you to see through those hearts of what's outside. And did you notice those newspapers inserted on the railing design? I'm thinking this postcard photograph was taken in an early in the day since the outside still seems to be just vaguely illuminated by the early morning rays of the sun. Same thoughts? Or not?

I've always wanted to feature a postcard with a heart here in my blog and link up to Clytie's Guest Heart Thursday -- finally, one is up!


Happy Thursday everyone. I hope the week is winding down into a heartwarming close for all of us. 

~ maria

Postcard ID: FI-1437211, Sender: DarkMarilyn
Sent from Helsinki, Finland, Sent on 26 May 2012
Received on 3 Jul 2012, Traveled 8.880 km in 40 days

3 comments:

  1. I think you're right - it does have a "vintage" feel. The wood of the door is amazing - and the mechanical workings are too.

    I especially love the hearts - and the way they frame the "heart" of the room behind ...

    Thank you for sharing this delightful postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. big hearts, little hearts....lot's of love!! this door has it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your heart looks same like my one :) very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: